Fun

Wednesday 8 April 2015

A bucket challenge!

The lallas and the babus of India were forced by their better halves/sisters/friends to take up a challenge!

A bucket challenge - If you are thinking of the ice cold water and the entire Bollywood/Hollywood/world, getting soaked with it, then no...it's actually better than that.

When we get married, in all mantras and promises, we as husband and wife promise to help each other in every aspect of life. But our minds are already set or rather divided. Divided in terms of work.

The bride...working or a home-maker, has to take care of the household things. Be it kitchen, cleaning, clothes, cupboard, kids, etc...etc...etc!(Trust me the list for a married woman does goes on and on and on!) While the groom dreams for a life where he wakes up to a hot cup of coffee, finishes his daily course, has hot tummy-full variety breakfast and finally goes to office with a big hot-case Tiffin with may be four dubbas(containers) in it. He comes back to a *sorted house and watches TV after opening his shoes anywhere in the house, leaving his laptop bag in middle of the centre table and foot stretchered while changing various news/cricket channels, asking for chai-pakore!!!

This division of labour has become a tradition. Our forefathers/mothers did, our grandfather/mother did, our father/mother did and so it is just going to be carried over. Since childhood, I have seen that female gender means that they will do household work, male gender are exempted from any such enforcement to help in household work. 

May I ask WHY? WHY? WHY?

Off topic, my daughter is a complete Peppa Pig buff and there was one particular one which I really liked.

The kids don't mind their father doing the washing(though he just washed his t-shirt)! It's not a big deal, it's just a mind set.

We keep breaking a zillions of tradition to suit us, can't we break this one too! It needs to start somewhere...in some era!

So, let the change begin!!!

Wash Bucket Challenge

Let's talk about the challenge, which I gave him. To wash a bucket full clothes! Well, I don't know about love for my husband and all(five years, you see) but I do love..love..love my clothes. If they are being washed, they need to be clean. With the person in charge, I took a extra care...I changed the washing powder packet with Ariel Matic.


As expected, he couldn't see the dirt and spots, which should be removed before you put them into the machine. Thank God, Ariel Matic...had that much sense and my clothes were in a prim and proper state. Just the way I like it, perfect!!!

Thanks Ariel Matic, you kept the spirit and hopes high!  The job looked so simple that my husband insisted on sharing my work load. Really! The work where I need to wash the clothes. The clothes come out sparkling clean**.

                     My friend's husband:
Sur....he is indeed sharing your load....happily! We need to thank the magic.. Oh Matic! 


This post is a part of the #WashBucketChallenge activity at BlogAdda.com is association with Ariel India' in your blog post. 

*Sorted house: If the house happens to be a little unorganised, you can clearly see the whole melodrama of the husbands, of being a complete cleanliness freak. He might keep a wet towel anywhere, he might not get the smell of his extremely loud foot and socks perfume(for which you might need a air freshener, but sir will not realize that there is any smell at all)! The same person would create a ruckus. Oh, yes my cleanliness God! HUH!

** I wonder if I still trust my clothes with my husband, but definitely my trust lies in that washing powder, Ariel Matic! For that few minutes of 'My time', I can give you my lifetime of unconditional love, unwavering commitment and saath(companionship)! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment