Fun

Sunday 3 February 2019

The Bhabhi Ji!

Once I met a lady, who is ultra sweet, a complete sharmili Indian bahu who would do everything under the sun for her family. Like, everything (with everything, I mean all the household works.) Without much technology help. That too, happily. I was amazed by her dedication and the urge to do all by herself. And she took so much of pride in her work. A one very happy and confident lady she is!

I had promised her that I will visit her once, but I couldn't go. I met her in the evening and I said, "Bhabhi I am soo sorry, hum nahi aa sake." To which she gave me the answer, which I can't get over, even today - "Arre hum naraz hone vali bhabhi nahi naa hai! Aap kabhi bhi aao!"

Trust me, she is Bhabhi of the whole society. She knows everyone, everyone knows her. She always wears sari, always wears a lot of oil in her hair and when her mother in law is around, she also covers her head. 

Once I went for her daughter's birthday party. To my amazement, all the guests and kids were sitting around facing her, and then someone played loud music and she started dancing, focused to the camera. I was more than shocked! I wouldn't say she danced like Mallaika, but trust me, her confidence in her dance was no less that hers! With her shimmery sari, with all chamk dhamk jewelry, she danced very happily, freely and amazzzingly.

She is a happy person and that exactly what she exudes around her. And I guess reason for her happiness is - expectation. She is satisfied with what she has. She is extremely happy with being a housewife and doing all the work all by herself. Her expectations are that much from life. She doesn't take stress for things which are beyond her jurisdiction.

Once I had complemented her on her cooking and asked her to start a tiffin service, to which she replied ,"Arre, aap humko ghar parivar mein kush rahne dijiye." And we laughed.

The game player in everyone's happiness is - expectation!

If only, I had a machine to curb this expectation, I would have danced to my tunes in life. Right now, dancing on my own expectations' tunes! Yes, not that happy, always stressed with time, always running after something more, more and more! I wonder if it is worth! I wonder if ever I am going to lessen this burden of expectations! I wonder, if ever I am going to dance with soo much of confidence, charm and freedom. I wonder!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment